I have a set of 2 ComboBoxes i would like to make Combobox 2 not populate from the directory if Combobox1 has a certain character in the file that is highlighted. If at all posible id like to find a way to have it continully search for the specific set of characters in combobox 1 and if the text falls within then combobox 2 will no longer populate

Heres the code im using to populate the Comboboxes

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim Files() As String = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles("I:\backuprouter\")
        For Each s As String In System.IO.Directory.GetFiles("I:\backuprouter\")
            ComboBox1A.Items.Add(IO.Path.GetFileName(s))
            ComboBox2A.Items.Add(IO.Path.GetFileName(s))
        Next

Dim fltr As New ArrayList
        Dim fltr1 As New ArrayList
        Dim opt As System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions = System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions.IgnoreCase
        'Add all filenames starting with CE
        For Each file As String In Files
            Dim basename1 As String = My.Computer.FileSystem.GetFileInfo(file).Name
            If System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(basename1, "^CE.*", opt) Then
                fltr.Add(basename1)
            End If
        Next
        ComboBox1B.DataSource = fltr
        ComboBox1B.SelectedItem = Nothing

'Add all filenames starting with BE
        For Each file As String In Files
            Dim basename As String = My.Computer.FileSystem.GetFileInfo(file).Name
            If System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(basename, "^BE.*", opt) Then
                fltr1.Add(basename)
            End If
        Next
        ComboBox2B.DataSource = fltr1
        ComboBox2B.SelectedItem = Nothing

End Sub

Im really new at this but thanks for the help in advance!!!

Could add some sample data and how you expect the code to operate on that data?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.