Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Perl and already I'm finding myself lost. I have created a form for my website that allows users to enter news articles (a textarea) and then my code saves the text entered ($Text) to the database. I have set the Text to longtext through SQL, because these articles are relatively long, but for some reason whenever I try to input new data, it takes me to a blank screen and the url is my setArticle.cgi (where I am saving $Text and updating it to the DB). When I submit articles that are shorter, about 2 paragraphs long, the script works fine. Any reason why this is being difficult? Sorry if it isn't clear. Thanks so much!

-Mckenzie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You will probably find that length is not the issue, but that you have characters in your input that are causing problems with your SQL insert. Make sure that all characters are suitably escaped.

Good Call

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.