int ticketNumber; // keyfield 
string purchaserName; 

Hashtable hashtable = new Hashtable(); 

insert(); 

fetch();

delete(); 

update();

} 

I started a pseudocode above, but I know it needs more work. Are there any resources that can help guide me to implementing my own java hashed perfect algorithm? I know that you have to use the direct hashed four basic operation for each four methods, right? But how can I do that based on pseudocode?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I guess Google is your friend here. Example.

You shoud look at the JavaDoc for Java's HashTable for essential information. The source code for that is also on the web, so you can see how it's implemented (if that helps).
Your 4 methods will need parameters - thinking about those will also help clrify things.

Member Avatar for Krunal21

Hashtable is a type of Collections framework in Java which is used to store and manipulate the group of objects. To learn more about Java Hashtable follow this article.

commented: Late. So late. Why? -3

Hashtable is a type of Collections framework in Java which is used to store and manipulate the group of objects. To learn more about Java Hashtable follow this article.

commented: So late. Spam? -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.