I want to develop a piece of software that other developers can use in their projects. It has to be active at runtime however, and perform some standard functionality every time the application runs. It is essentially software that provides extra functionality to the application developer and its users...

I'm not sure how I might do this, and my google-fu has not been strong enough to find a definite answer.

Sunny_18 commented: I think that your problem is that you have not added the .jar files to your classpath. Setting environment variables and using the correct import stat +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A little light on details but here's a trick I used long ago. To make a service available to just about any language app I set it up as a miniature server or service. You would connect to it via IP, send your query string much like SQL and the answer would come back on the same pipe.

Whether this applies or not is something I can't guess given what has been revealed so far.

How about something to manage Users... logon, password verification, privileges/authorisations, preferences etc
You could have it as a API then optionally layer a GUI on top.

Define Your Site’s Purpose and Strategy
Research the Latest Web Design Trends
Choose Your Platform
Select a Template and Start Customizing
Decide on Your Branding
Add In and Optimize Your Content
Publish Your Website
Analyze and Improve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.