hi everyone,
i am facing a problem in developing a software of pc maintainence, i require a source code to detect the ports of a general purpose processor without which i cant further proceed please give me suggestions regarding this.
bye
lakshmi.m

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi everyone,
i am facing a problem in developing a software of pc maintainence, i require a source code to detect the ports of a general purpose processor

Explain a bit more. What do you mean by ports? The I/O ports or the network ports like FTP, TelNet etc? Have you tried googling.

On MS-Windows os, look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc for hosts and services files. These two files will tell you which ports are used or available for use, but doesn't say whether they are accessible -- some may have been blocked by company policy or filewalls. *nix systems have similar files, but I don't know the standard location for them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.