Disclaimer: this is a project work.
I might be having issues with the follow but here is what I am doing:

push changes to github
travils builds image and pushes to docker
AWS EKS pulls the image and starts container

now my issue is the following variable is undefined:

const = process.env.FOO

i am really lost on how to set FOO. I already tried setting it in deployment.yaml, travis.yml and Dockerfile (ENV foo=bar). I have seen documentations with docker-compose but is there a way without docker-compose?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It's been a few days but my view on this is not as a docker user but someone that has been on a lot of projects. As such this is opinion and example about how we tackle such in the past without relation to docker etc.

1. Use the tools supplied. i.e. docker-compose.
  2. Make/write code that supplants the feature/function you need. i.e. read a config-file or whatever it takes if there is an aversion to using the docker-compose solution.
  3. Go commando. Forget all that and just set it in your code admitting you have to edit it there when it changes elsewhere. Also known as brute force programming. i.e. "get it done." Deal with other solutions later.

I don't know about you but in our developments, time was of the essence so we would often break rules in order to make the delivery date.
Since many are on the Agile path, we would lodge this as something to be worked on in the next sprint.

How to use Nvidia GPU on window docker

I'm using docker desktop on window 10 and when I want to use Nvidia GPU to training network in docker. I found it needs to update the windows to preview version to use GPU in docker, but I think the new version system is not stable, so I wonder Is there any other way to use GPU in docker desktop?

commented: Too far off topic. Start a new discussion and let's hope you did some research. +16
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.