I'm making a software similar to Grammarly in C++. I want to get data from the clipboard, then if a certain sequence of data that is a certain number of letters is contained in it, then it has to be replaced by a predefined string.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This sounds like you want others to write the entire app. I rarely see that here. Instead you should share the code section that's not working along with why you think it fails and then ask for help on that function.

If you need an app written entirely then I'd put it out for hire on UPWORK or similar.

Accessing the Clipboard: Find the right way to get the stuff that's on the clipboard. The method you use will depend on the programming language you're using.

Getting the Clipboard Data: Once you have access to the clipboard, you can get the information that's stored there. This information could be plain text, fancy text, or different types of data, depending on what was copied. Take out the important data from the clipboard.

Making Changes: Look at the data you got from the clipboard and make any changes you want to make. For example, you might want to replace certain words or phrases with something else. Use tools like finding specific words or patterns and changing them based on your needs.

Putting the Changed Data Back: After you're done making changes, you can put the modified data back on the clipboard. This means the updated information will be available for pasting or using in other programs.

Remember to consider the programming language you're using, as the specific steps and methods may vary. Look up the documentation or resources related to your chosen language for more details on working with the clipboard.

Sure! If you're building a software similar to Grammarly in C++, you can use the Windows API functions to interact with the clipboard and manipulate the text. Here's a general outline of how you can achieve this:

Include the necessary header files:
cpp
Copy code
#include <Windows.h>
#include <string>

Here's a general outline of how you can achieve this:

I think you left a little bit out of that outline.

Can you share your code?

In JavaScript, you can use the Clipboard API to interact with the clipboard. The navigator.clipboard.readText() function allows you to read text from the clipboard asynchronously. After getting the text, you can modify it as needed, perhaps using string replacement methods like replace(). Once you have the new string, you can use navigator.clipboard.writeText() to write it back to the clipboard. This approach lets you read data from the clipboard, manipulate it based on specific conditions, and then write the updated data back to the clipboard, all programmatically.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.