There has been a noticeable increase in people asking where to start C# recently. So I have been across a couple of forums and pulled together a list of some useful links and resources.

Web Tutorials

Home and Learn Tutorial

CodeProject Tutorial P1
CodeProject Tutorial P2
CodeProject Tutorial P3
CodeProject Tutorial P4
CodeProject Tutorial P5

DreamInCode - Debugging

Helpful Tips

DreamInCode - How to efficiently search the Internet
DreamInCode - Debugging Tips
Little Wonders and Little Pitfalls

Useful Resources

These may be slightly more advanced than 'beginner'
C# Book Downloads
Blog - Mastering VS2010 debugging
Blog - VS2010 Debugging Improvements

MSDN resources:

C# Language Specification
Visual C# Resources
C# Reference
C# Programming Guide

LMGTFY's

Google
Bing

Feel free to contribute more / criticise current links and I will add/remove them.

ddanbe commented: Keep up the good work! +14
kvprajapati commented: Good resources indeed! +14
mvmalderen commented: Cookies for opening a thread to gather resources ;) +13
urvisha commented: thanks its too useful for me +0

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

gasp you are using Bing ? :)
Now really, i like the dream in code forum, they have very usefull advices and tutorials, and i'm glad you included rob miles book very usefull for beginners

Also

Read this
Where do i start
And this learning resources

Haha the bing link was only because I saw it on one of our own threads and hadnt seen a 'let me bing that for you' before xD

Can a mod add those links to the useful resources heading :)

Despite this thread being dead for 3 months, i am going to add on to it.

Another great resource is [Lynda.com](http://www.lynda.com/C-training-tutorials/1022-0.html).

Also the HeadFirst Series and Murach's C# 2010 book are pretty good resources.

Other ways of learning are using forums, expirementing, taking classes, and my personal favorite... Google!

It's fine to add to it, it's stickied so that it is seen regardless of how inactive it is :)

Recently I was looking for books about C#. Since this thread doesn't have alot of book suggestions I'll add the results of my search to it in the hope that it will be useful to others as well.

commented: I love these books :) +14

Some very good suggestions :) avd could you put them into the original post? Cheers

Nice, thx. Very helpful to me :)

I am studying C#.Net as self-studying, what books i have to study?I would like to know

great informantion. Thanks you

Thanks a lot

Thanks for helping c# newbies

this great especially for new IT students, it will help better their coding skills.

Here is a good set of basic instruction for getting started with c#

Youtube Series -> Click Here

Yes it,s really helpfull for c#

Another Codeproject link everyone should read!

I have been coding in C# for 13 years and happy to help anyone if they need help just ask away.

commented: Try a Duvel! +15

C# in a Nutshell by Joseph/Ben Albahari. Hands down the best book on C#

C-Sharp Tutorial is for student and prefessional who want to learn C# programming from basic to advance. We have discussed every topic of C# alonge with examples in this tutorial guide.

https://c-sharptutorial.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.