As it is *your* homework, we should not be doing it for you. But, we can give you some ideas.
1) Each one of your steps (add, delete) should be a unique different function
2) You will need menus / options to open and save the file
3) Need to decide if you will use a binary file, or a text one
4) Need to decide how you will handle empty / bad data inside of the structure
5) I think you are going to need to know how many bytes each of your structures will require.
6) Be sure to comment in your code what each part is doing.
7) For extra credit, I would make the display record option to be nice and eye-candy. Use bolds, colored boxes, that sort of thing. Make it nice.
Enjoy your coding. Sometimes, I wish I was back in school. :)
Write a program to create an addressbook. The program should provide the following operations.
1- Load the data into the addressbook from a disk.
2- Sort the address book by last name (must use a sorting alorithm)
3- Search for a person by last name
4- Print the address, phone number, and date of birth of a given person.
5- Print the names of the people whose birthdays are in a a given months.
6- Print the names of all the people between two last names.
The program will use a class call addressbook type with appropriate members. The class data should be stored in a linked list. The program should be meun driven to make testing easier.