Hi.

I recently started learning VB.net in school, and now as a project, im making a simple sliding shooter. (You know, a ship that you control up or down, and you shoot at enemies that fly towards you)

Thing is, I just cant figure out a good way to make the ship shoot stuff. Ive been sitting here for hours, trying different things, but I just cant do it!

Could anyone help me with this? And perhaps something that makes the playercontrolled ship unnable to go higher then to the top of the form and not lower than the bottom of the form. a few tips on transperancy would be great aswell ;)

Hi.

I recently started learning VB.net in school, and now as a project, im making a simple sliding shooter. (You know, a ship that you control up or down, and you shoot at enemies that fly towards you)

Thing is, I just cant figure out a good way to make the ship shoot stuff. Ive been sitting here for hours, trying different things, but I just cant do it!

Could anyone help me with this? And perhaps something that makes the playercontrolled ship unnable to go higher then to the top of the form and not lower than the bottom of the form. a few tips on transperancy would be great aswell ;)

Are you going to limit the amount of bullets the ship can shoot before reloading?

You will just simply need to create bullet bitmaps and create them upon a key down press or mouse click. When the bullet goes beyond the form, bring it back to the ship.

There are attributes to get the forms height and width. IIRC without opening up VS I believe it is

clientsize.width and clientsize.height.

If you need more help, I'll take a look at a project I did a few years ago to give you some actual code to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.