How can i link database from microsoft access 2003 with VB.NET? can i use anything from eg. Form1 and display them on Form2? thx u very much.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi,
This code is gonna connect to the Access database and load data into datagrid:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
Handles MyBase.Load

Dim ConnString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Database Name.mdb"
Dim SQLString As String = "SELECT * FROM TableName"
Dim OleDBConn1 As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnString)
Dim DataSet1 As New DataSet()
Dim OleDbDataAdapter1 As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(SQLString, OleDBConn1)
OleDBConn1.Open()
OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet1, "TableName")
DataGridView1.DataSource = DataSet1.Tables("TableName")

End Sub

MaxDev

Thanks, I will the code later.

Thanks, I will try the code later.

Hi:

I am newbie here. I keep getting this error most of the times. If any one of have come across it, please do share with me as to how you got rid of it.

error msg is as follows:

"visual studio cannot start debugging because the debug target (c:\....\filename.exe) is missing. Please build the project and retry r set the o/p path and assembly name properties to point the correct location of the target assembly"

Most of the times this message comes up. Sometimes 2 files would exist in the same folder but one would let me debug it but the other wont.

Thanks,
Kavitha.

I dont know how to connect the visual basic dot net 2003 to connect with microsoft ms access 2003 so can u plz send me the codings

hi ,
With this code we can link the database in ms access with vb.net. Now i have a question .
When we run the application made in vb.net, can we enter the data and store it in the database of MS access. ?

Killer88 You might try doing some reading on database access in vb.net. There are many threads here on Daniweb and Google has thousands. Your question says you are trying to run before you can walk.
Click Here

kRod thanks man :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.