actually I went the wrong way I think, below is the the partial code area and the bold shows what needs tobe, but I know I didnt do it right, can anyone show me an example or where to find help?

if  (myFields[c_shapeNameField].equals(ShapeName.circle)){
    [B]//ASSIGN a new Circle object to shapes[index], passing the Circle constructor the following arguments:[/B]
     Shape[index] = new Circle(Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_xCoordinateField]),
     Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_yCoordinateField]), Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_radiusField])); 
     }
     else if  (myFields[c_shapeNameField].equals(ShapeName.cube)){
     [B]//ASSIGN a new Cube object to shapes[index], passing the Cube constructor the following arguments:[/B]
     Cube shape = new Cube(Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_xCoordinateField]),
     Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_yCoordinateField]), Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_sideField]));
        }
     else if  (myFields[c_shapeNameField].equals(ShapeName.sphere)){
     [B]//ASSIGN a new Sphere object to shapes[index], passing the Sphere constructor the following arguments:[/B]
     Sphere shape = new Sphere(Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_xCoordinateField]),
     Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_yCoordinateField]), Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_radiusField]));
        }
     else if  (myFields[c_shapeNameField].equals(ShapeName.square)){
     [B]//ASSIGN a new Square object to shapes[index], passing the Square constructor the following arguments:[/B]
     Square shape = new Square(Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_xCoordinateField]),
     Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_yCoordinateField]), Integer.parseInt(myFields[c_sideField]));
          }

without knowing what you're trying to do it's kinda hard to give you hints on how to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.