hi,

i m running fedora core 5 32 bit as the os and want to learn a bit of c++ programming. did the search on the net and came across a post telling the fact that something called eclipse can be used to write c++ code and compile it perfectly. but i do not know how to actually yse this ide at all and does it support c++ without adding any thing in terms of an update or plug in specifically for c++ code writing. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can try out free IDE's like Code:Blocks and Dev C++ which work well on *nix systems.

BTW for your Eclipse thing maybe this will help you out .

You can try out free IDE's like Code:Blocks and Dev C++ which work well on *nix systems.

BTW for your Eclipse thing maybe this will help you out .

hi champion from india,

good piece of help and advice. appreciated with full respect. i m new to both linux and programming so need someone to sort me out.

When you start writing code, post your doubts in this forum itself for any help. And when in need of Linux advice you can head out here.

Hope it helped, bye.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.