Hello:

I am new to Java and I am working on a tutorial to familiarize myself with this language. The tutorial is a walk-through in building a basic text editor.

So far the build is going fine, but I have come to a point where I am unsure how to proceed in a certain area. In design view three icons (open file, delete file, help) are displayed, or rather, displayed in an incorrect area I believe. I assume the icons are being loaded by default via the tutorial. The icons instead of being aligned left-top, for example, are left-middle of the application GUI.

This is really only a visual design issue but I wish to correct it. I assumed I could simply drag-and-drop the icons to the preferred area (left-top); it allows this action, seemingly, but the icons remain in the original area, left-middle.

Am I missing something basic? Can I manually set the Y-axis to set the icons left-top?

** using Borland JBuilder

Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you in advance.

Matty D.

Hello:

I am new to Java and I am working on a tutorial to familiarize myself with this language. The tutorial is a walk-through in building a basic text editor.

So far the build is going fine, but I have come to a point where I am unsure how to proceed in a certain area. In design view three icons (open file, delete file, help) are displayed, or rather, displayed in an incorrect area I believe. I assume the icons are being loaded by default via the tutorial. The icons instead of being aligned left-top, for example, are left-middle of the application GUI.

This is really only a visual design issue but I wish to correct it. I assumed I could simply drag-and-drop the icons to the preferred area (left-top); it allows this action, seemingly, but the icons remain in the original area, left-middle.

Am I missing something basic? Can I manually set the Y-axis to set the icons left-top?

** using Borland JBuilder

Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you in advance.

Matty D.

OK, I figured this out. Had to drag the entire element that the buttons were placed on, not just the buttons.

Matty D.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.