I started learning C++ as my first language. But some of the OOP stuff gives me trouble. I know C is a widely used language like C++ and has about the same syntax but isn't OOP.I have tried some basic C so i have not got parts that are different from C++.Could someone tell me if C is smart choice for a game developer.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I started learning C++ as my first language. But some of the OOP stuff gives me trouble. I know C is a widely used language like C++ and has about the same syntax but isn't OOP.I have tried some basic C so i have not got parts that are different from C++.Could someone tell me if C is smart choice for a game developer.

no, game developer = c++

stick with c++, the parts that are confusing now will eventually become clear to you. Nobody learns all that stuff over night.

Yes, C is a smart choice for a game developer. But so is C++, and any of a dozen other languages. ;) I understand that OOP is confusing. I had trouble with it at first too. Come to think of it, I still have trouble with it sometimes. :rolleyes:

But when you don't understand something, your first reaction as a wise programmer should be to jump the hurdle and work harder to figure it out. Programmers are always confused due to being asked to do things we don't have much experience doing. If you run away from your problems, not only do you still have the problems, but suddenly you have a reputation for being afraid of new things. That's a career killer, especially for a game programmer.

It depends on wat type of game u want to develope .

Ok I think I'll stay with C++ :cheesy:.Well I think OOP will help its just hard sometimes for me to get its concepts.I think I'll try to focus on the OOP more now then try to hide from it:o.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.