How do I authenticate uid/pwd against a jbOSS realm.
Like in websphere I am using com.ibm.ws.security.common.auth.module.proxy.WSLoginModuleProxy
can anyone tell me corresponding code for this in Jboss.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

JBoss has LoginModules.
Those are in turn controlled by login-module.xml in the server/conf directory.

In there you define your realms, what login module (class) to use, and parameters for that class.

The JBoss documentation explains how all that works in quite some detail, including how to create your own login module if the standard ones don't work for you (it's quite easy, I wrote one for the company I work for in under an hour).

JBoss has LoginModules.

In there you define your realms, what login module (class) to use, and parameters for that class.

The JBoss documentation explains how all that works in quite some detail, including how to create your own login module if the standard ones don't work for you (it's quite easy, I wrote one for the company I work for in under an hour).

Thanks

JBoss has LoginModules.

Thanks for all your replies
but
I have a one more big issue.
Actually I am migrating my application from websphere to JBoss.
In my application there are 3 deployment descriptors files in each ejb jar.

ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi
ibm-ejb-jar-ext.xmi
code for ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ejbbnd:EJBJarBinding xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:ejbbnd="ejbbnd.xmi" xmlns:ejb="ejb.xmi" xmi:id="EJBJarBinding_1101636685106">
<ejbJar href="META-INF/ejb-jar.xml#ejb-jar_ID"/>
<ejbBindings xmi:id="EnterpriseBeanBinding_1101636685106" jndiName="com.ecare.sa.BackendSource">
<enterpriseBean xmi:type="ejb:Entity" href="META-INF/ejb-jar.xml#Account"/>
</ejbBindings>
</ejbbnd:EJBJarBinding>

code for ibm-ejb-jar-ext.xmi

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ejbext:EJBJarExtension xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:ejbext="ejbext.xmi" xmlns:ejb="ejb.xmi" xmi:id="EJBJarExtension_1108911522650">
<ejbExtensions xmi:type="ejbext:EntityExtension" xmi:id="EntityExtension_1108911522650">
<enterpriseBean xmi:type="ejb:Entity" href="META-INF/ejb-jar.xml#Account"/>
<localTransaction xmi:id="LocalTransaction_1108911522650" unresolvedAction="Commit"/>
</ejbExtensions>
<ejbJar href="META-INF/ejb-jar.xml#ejb-jar_ID"/>
</ejbext:EJBJarExtension>

and one more file is ejb-jar.xml

in webpshere i didn't give jndi name in ejb-jar.xml because jndi name is in ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi

And now in JBoss i gave jndi name in ejb-jar.xml

App server does not show error while deploying but when I am running my application it shows
BackendSource.getRemote Failed to create remote interface by jndiName: com.ecare.def.BackendSource
I also tried in Jboss.xml and I tried to gave jndi name in Jboss.xml but that didn't work also.

Can you give me solution of this probelm ?Means can give any hint how can I convert these xmi s in JBoss format descriptors.

THANKS

I don't know how to translate these deployment descriptors.
You'll need to take the documentation for both servers and compare the respective vendor specific deployment descriptors to see what goes where.

It does seem though that a lot of that code isn't really needed, was automatically generated by WebSphere.

You can check the JNDI names in the JBoss JMX console.
Find the JNDIView MBean and the List operation in that, it will give you every JNDI entry the server responds to.

Most likely you need to call your EJBs as "java:XXXXX".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.