Hi folks ,

I'm new to j2ee programming and using Netbeans 5.5 , i created a session bean program and deployed successfully in JOnAS application server but i'm not able to run the client program which invokes session bean (EJB module ).

when i run client program i'm getting the following error .

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial 
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:645) 
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247) 
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:284) 
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351) 
        at SimpleSessionClient.Main.main(Main.java:33) 
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 21 seconds)

but the same program runnig perfectly when i deploy in Java System Application Server(8.2(JSAS))

I included j2ee.jar and appserv-rt jar in classpath of client program for JSAS i don't know what are the jar files (which does the same function as j2ee.ar,appserv-rt.jar ) which is to be included for JOnAS .

i'm struggling with this for the past two weeks . please tell me the solution .

Thanks in advance

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jwenting

You'll need to find those application specific client files AND the application specific environment setting you need for that server.
I can't help you with that, but the server documentation should be a logical first step.

Then there's the internet, especially the vendor suppost site (most of which have forums and/or wikis of some sort).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.