Hi to all,

I have a program that will print a file automatically after downloading it from the web server, the problem is how can i delete or cancel print job already in the printer queue... i already try

printer.killdoc

but it does not delete or cancel job that are already sent in the printer queue.

can anyone help me about this problem

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

After
Printer.KillDoc

Give :

Printer.EndDoc.

This Ensures current printing Document is Terminated.

To remove all from Queue, Put in a loop and Check.

Regards
Veena

Hi Veena,

I already try that but still it does not work... and by the way what I want to delete or cancel is already in the printer queue 1 page only, can it be deleted or canceled or any possible way to do that...

if it is not too much for you, can you give me a simple example for this...

thanks Veena

Regards,

millanskie

one more thing, when i send file in the printer queue I already apply

Printer.endDoc

the reason for that is I really want it to be printed.... But for some reason like printer error or something that i need to cancel the printing

Printer.KillDoc

is no longer applicable... do you know some solution for this.... any idea.

Thanks

Hi,

After sending it to Printer Queue, u cant write KillDoc, as u said, it is no longer applicable.
and more over, KillDoc works for BackGround printing Enabled only, that is the application Starts printing immedialtely after u give "Printer.Print" statement. that means it will not wait for .NewPage or .EndDoc.
Printer is in the same system or is it a network printer?

Regards
Veena

Hi,

anyway thanks for your help, I appreciate it... I had try searching in goolgle and I've found something in this site http://www.mvps.org/vb about printer info and I already download thier sample program, I hope I can get the answer I am looking for....

Again thanks Veena for the help.

Regards

Millan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.