Hello there me again...now my chat has become a multiple client chat network....now i need to implement live video conferencing....i have a sample code but the thing is it requires an OCX....and damm these ocx are costly to register...is there anyway i can get hold of Ocx for free....or can anyone just help me to make my own Ocx for video conferencing...plzzz rep.....am eager to find out...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

is there anyway i can get hold of Ocx for free....or can anyone just help me to make my own Ocx for video conferencing...plzzz rep.....am eager to find out...

Well, to answer your first question. Can I do it for free? Anyway you get it, it's going to cost you something. If you pay for it, it will cost you money. But you will be receiving a service. If you download and install a hacked copy, it will cost you your conscience and your sense of well being.

Are you really willing to sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the immediate? Are you really willing to throw away a chance to benefit the hard working coders of society and reward them for a job well done by finding a "free" alternative? Are you really willing to throw an opportunity to better yourself?

Well, I think you have potential. I sincerely believe that you can become a fantastic coder. You have the ability. And you have the desire. You have asked for help to develop your own ocx. So there must be hope.

Hence, I am willing to help. Don't know what good it will do. But I will try.

So, I'm starting with the premise that you have ambitions of greatness of being a fellow servant to the rest of mankind.

But the first thing to realize in your quest for being of service to others is that real rewards come from real effort and real work. Set your eyes on the goal and don't waver.

Okay, are you still here?

Read the MSDN CD's about the differences between OCXs, DLL's, and ActiveX exe files. I would say that since you are sharing data between multiple users an ActiveX exe server type control would be your best choice.

Hank

commented: good :) keep it up!! +3

It is always better to design your own component.

varun you mean integrating video conferencing solutions within your site to live video chat with clients! If its the same then I too am looking for the solution for over 5 weeks.
debasisdas any link of how to ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.