Hi all, (First Post...YEEERROOO)

Quick question for ya all, I have an MySQL server with three databases created on it, lets say test, test_1 and test_2. Is there a way that I can display what ever databases are stored on the server in a combo box?

I want to allow the user to be able to choose which database they want to coneect to. Any help would be cool :)

BTW Im using VB.net on VS2005

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Sem Shah
PrivateSub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) HandlesMyBase.Load
Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection()
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset()
Dim connStr, sSQL As String
Dim Results, i As Integer
connStr = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=xxxx;Data Source=x.x.x.x;User ID=sa;Password=xxXXxx;Application name = New_Businessnew"
conn.Open(connStr)
sSQL = "sp_helpdb"
rs = conn.Execute(sSQL, Results)
rs.MoveNext()
Do While Not rs.EOF And Not rs.BOF
cb.Items.Add(rs.Fields("Name").Value)
rs.MoveNext()
Loop
rs.Close()
End Sub

Cheers, for the help man. :)

ps: sorry for the late reply :s

If suppose there is no database at all?what would the poeple of IT would have done?
Is there any remedy

Do you think that databases are really act as the backbone for all programming languages? your comments please

Ok the solution u provide mighty be true.but can u tell me what should i write insted of **** in connection string?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.