I have 2 applets

One applet adds in some labeled text fields and reads in some user variables.

The second Applet Starts a simple pong game.

As you may have already guessed I'm trying to get the pong game to start up with the values I've read in. (the values are ball speed paddle speed Artificial Intellegence implementation of the paddles)

But i'm not sure how to give the data to pong applet. or how to make one applet start up the pong game after reading in the data. (having trouble getting the thread to start)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have already written the code for communication between 2 applets? If yes, post the code and the error you're getting..

I think I've nailed the solution down to haveing one applet start the other applet as a jframe. I just have no idea how to do that. When i again have access to my code i will post a few things

no, that's not the solution. You'd not have two applets in that case but one applet with 2 windows.

There are several tutorials on intra-applet communication out there and I'm sure several books mentioning it as well.
Do some research and you should figure it out. I've never needed applets so I've never had to play with that, and I don't intend to start now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.