Sorry if this belongs elsewhere, it's BASIC, so VB is the closest. (By the way, long time no post for me, I'm back, yay)

Okay. I'm writing a game (a SRPG) in QBASIC (wicked leet, huh?) so that my friends can edit it and crap (I know other languages, but they don't). However, I can't run any programs that use graphics. Here's what happens:

I click Run > Start (in a graphical app, downloaded from petesqbsite.com as a test)
It hangs, I can't click anything, nothing loads.

Even if I use a small app like:

SCREEN 12
PRINT "Hello, World!"

It hangs.

Solutions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere, it's BASIC, so VB is the closest. (By the way, long time no post for me, I'm back, yay)

Okay. I'm writing a game (a SRPG) in QBASIC (wicked leet, huh?) so that my friends can edit it and crap (I know other languages, but they don't). However, I can't run any programs that use graphics. Here's what happens:

I click Run > Start (in a graphical app, downloaded from petesqbsite.com as a test)
It hangs, I can't click anything, nothing loads.

Even if I use a small app like:

SCREEN 12
PRINT "Hello, World!"

It hangs.

Solutions?

Try running it at a command line. That's usually how QB works.

i know that thread is a year old but it's still common.

i use qb4.5. if i stay in the original screen, there is no problem. but as soon as i switch to another screen (i.e. screen 7), it crashes, saying it is unauthorized or something like and closes.

tried many things like setting it to be compatible with windows95 and allowing lots of memory.

other thing. u suggest to "run it in a command line". what do you mean? im a bit rusty in qb since i didnt program for more than a year.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.