Okay, so I just got Visual Basic, but I don't really know how to use it yet. I know just a few things here and there. I want to start out with just some basic things. I tried making the quadratic function, but I don't know how to assign a variable when I use the program. I'm also not too sure about how to enter the operations of the quadratic function either.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello buddy

According to me VB is the most easiest programming language u'll find. For startin try referring some book or better the MSDN library. Its just untill u get the hang of it, then u'll start to make various peograms quite easily.
remember my fren experimentation is the need of programming.

Cheers

What is the MSDN library?

MSDN is on microsoft site, its like a big code referance.

By the way, if you got the VB Express I mentioned off of microsoft site, please post it in the VB.NET forum. The 4/5/6 one were in now is for older, non-free versions.

to define a variable use DIM <vaariable> as <type>. I have included a simple app to show off how this function is used. Unzip it first.

Give me your Email adress btw and ill send you an ebook about VB. Its for the older 2003 version but most of the code should work (just ignore the stuff it tells you about a: the programming environment itself and b: making websites

commented: Thanks for your help. +1

Oh, thanks. I didn't know I had a different version than this forum. I'll send you my e-mail.

Sent it. Dont know if it will help.

If you want a good tutorial i believe there are some on Microsoft Site. Google visual Basic Express and click "Learn". There are many tutorials.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.