could someone please just write a qiuck bit of code that loads a wav file into memmory that can be played, and accessed as quickly as possible by pressing just a single key.

ive been trying this for days, all my code is far to slow, and the responce after pressing the key i delayed,

ive been reading msdn on playsound(), using the memory parameteres and am getting nowhere,

just error after error,

please help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Why not use an API to simplify your task which handles all the resource management for you? Look here.

hi, im sorry but ive only being doing c++ for a few months, i would never be able to implement somthing like that, i did look at it though,

Please read our rules, FAQs, and stickies before posting. It saves you the embarrassment of making mistake #1 in asking for freebies.

ok then, could someone maybe show me an example somewhere, where the wav file is loaded into memmory, rather than access from disc each time,

so that i can try to understand

There is as such no 'small example' when it comes to playing music files using C++. The library I suggested to you in my previous post takes away all the tough work from you. If not a library, there is no easy way out. Here is one way but will require a good amount of exprtise.

There is as such no 'small example' when it comes to playing music files using C++. The library I suggested to you in my previous post takes away all the tough work from you. If not a library, there is no easy way out. Here is one way but will require a good amount of exprtise.

but could i not just use the Playsound() function, but using the memmory parameter instead of accessing the file form disc all the time.

i just need a guide or tutorial on how to do this, ive been searching goole for days with no result, and i dont understand the msdn explanation,

hhmmm, looks like im going to have to leave it :'(:'(

you could find source codes that are downloadable and with tutorial pages, like codeproject ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.