after compiling wxgtk.. and this format:

g++ sample.cpp `wx-config --libs --cxxflags` -o sample

it can compile but if you run this the error is::

./sample: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_aui-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but all its lib.. where installed i dont know where to find ibwx_gtk2_aui-2.8.so.0 or where is the download site of that file..

THANKS FOR HELPING: :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

after compiling wxgtk.. and this format:

g++ sample.cpp `wx-config --libs --cxxflags` -o sample

it can compile but if you run this the error is::

./sample: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_aui-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but all its lib.. where installed i dont know where to find ibwx_gtk2_aui-2.8.so.0 or where is the download site of that file..

THANKS FOR HELPING: :)

I assume you have done a source install of wx.. this installs the libraries to /usr/local/lib by default (check there for the file).

You need to all this path to the library search path. Do this with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

Then run your app from the same shell. Google will tell you how to set this variable permanently.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.