First of all im a java programmer and im porting to c\c++. I have no knowledge of c\c++.

Because my work requires me to learn c\c++. in just 1 week they want me to code intermediate stuff. I wasnt able to comply 100% to their requirments but at least i was able to complete about 75%.
The task was to manipulate data from a bitmap. like rotating an image
from a file.

is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob or i am just to slow to catch up.

pls give a comments on this. thanks

ive learned that c\c++ is much more complex than java. java is much easier to learn.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

dude, at least you produced 75% of the expected 100% output in just 1 week...that's an accomplishment...i would say that you fail if you produced nothing...lol...

not sure why you're asking this... it wont make a difference whether or not we think you did a good job.

not sure why you're asking this... it wont make a difference whether or not we think you did a good job.

Maybe he just need a little TLC.

First of all im a java programmer and im porting to c\c++. I have no knowledge of c\c++.

Because my work requires me to learn c\c++. in just 1 week they want me to code intermediate stuff. I wasnt able to comply 100% to their requirments but at least i was able to complete about 75%.
The task was to manipulate data from a bitmap. like rotating an image
from a file.

is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob or i am just to slow to catch up.

pls give a comments on this. thanks

ive learned that c\c++ is much more complex than java. java is much easier to learn.

yes...c/c++ is much complex..i think learning c/c++ in just 1 week is totally impossible unless, you have reading tutorials and studying c/c++ day and night through the whole week..that would be possible..

but..you're a java programmer..maybe its too hard for you..java to c/c++..

the key is...just believe what you can do...be more resourceful..

good luck!!

thanks, i been doing overtime to study just to catch up but still i wasnt able to finished it. at least i got some correct output

yeah! and just be positive!!

>>is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob

Depends. Was you hired to be a c/c++ programmer? Did you lie to your employer and tell him you already knew the c++ language? Or did he already know you were a java programmer who needs to learn c++ ?

my resume says im a java programmer. and i did not say i know c/c++. and i told them i can learn a new language in 1 to 2 months. not master it but just to have a solid foundation in that language. The hard things was that we are learning 2 concepts imaging and c++. My course is also more on apps not imaging. The bad thing is im doing my best and doing overtimes. but it seems my boss isnt satisfied.

> The bad thing is im doing my best and doing overtimes. but it seems my boss isnt satisfied.

Whatever level you reach, getting better never stops.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.