First of all im a java programmer and im porting to c\c++. I have no knowledge of c\c++.

Because my work requires me to learn c\c++. in just 1 week they want me to code intermediate stuff. I wasnt able to comply 100% to their requirments but at least i was able to complete about 75%.
The task was to manipulate data from a bitmap. like rotating an image
from a file.

is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob or i am just to slow to catch up.

pls give a comments on this. thanks

ive learned that c\c++ is much more complex than java. java is much easier to learn.

dude, at least you produced 75% of the expected 100% output in just 1 week...that's an accomplishment...i would say that you fail if you produced nothing...lol...

not sure why you're asking this... it wont make a difference whether or not we think you did a good job.

not sure why you're asking this... it wont make a difference whether or not we think you did a good job.

Maybe he just need a little TLC.

First of all im a java programmer and im porting to c\c++. I have no knowledge of c\c++.

Because my work requires me to learn c\c++. in just 1 week they want me to code intermediate stuff. I wasnt able to comply 100% to their requirments but at least i was able to complete about 75%.
The task was to manipulate data from a bitmap. like rotating an image
from a file.

is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob or i am just to slow to catch up.

pls give a comments on this. thanks

ive learned that c\c++ is much more complex than java. java is much easier to learn.

yes...c/c++ is much complex..i think learning c/c++ in just 1 week is totally impossible unless, you have reading tutorials and studying c/c++ day and night through the whole week..that would be possible..

but..you're a java programmer..maybe its too hard for you..java to c/c++..

the key is...just believe what you can do...be more resourceful..

good luck!!

thanks, i been doing overtime to study just to catch up but still i wasnt able to finished it. at least i got some correct output

>>is that reasonable enough for a noob to program in that prob

Depends. Was you hired to be a c/c++ programmer? Did you lie to your employer and tell him you already knew the c++ language? Or did he already know you were a java programmer who needs to learn c++ ?

my resume says im a java programmer. and i did not say i know c/c++. and i told them i can learn a new language in 1 to 2 months. not master it but just to have a solid foundation in that language. The hard things was that we are learning 2 concepts imaging and c++. My course is also more on apps not imaging. The bad thing is im doing my best and doing overtimes. but it seems my boss isnt satisfied.

> The bad thing is im doing my best and doing overtimes. but it seems my boss isnt satisfied.

Whatever level you reach, getting better never stops.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.