I am doing online examination project, in that my requirement is to set one question in one page,the maximum time limit for the question is 60 seconds, count down. pb is if the user click refresh and back button the time get reset to 60 seconds again in this way the user can extend their exam time

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

and your question is???

and your question is???

If you read it you will see it ;)

pb (translate as problem) is if the user click refresh and back button the time get reset to 60 seconds again in this way the user can extend their exam time

There are some ways how to disable browsers functions but as far I know this is done trough JavaScript, don't think Java is capable of this :?:

Member Avatar for Dukane

Is this a Java question or a JavaScript question?

I'm not sure on this...but could you use a session ID or a cookie to identify a refresh and then cancel the question for the user for cheating?

This the java script qs. I tried session variable and again I am facing the same problem, How come I have to track the user, that they are clickinig the refresh or back button.

if your serverside code that tracks the answers and questions were smart enough it would detect such blatant cheating attempts and immediately fail the student (or subtract the amount of time they thought to gain by cheating)...

1.Get The explorer properties and disable refresh,back & minimize buttons
2.Get the Current System time not use counter.

If you read it you will see it ;)

Wht abt the system time ?

Can you disable refresh button ?

what about checking timestamps on threads before posting in them (and that goes for you other kiddos as well!)?

And what about reading the actual answers already provided before posting your own?

I am doing online examination project, in that my requirement is to set one question in one page,the maximum time limit for the question is 60 seconds, count down. pb is if the user click refresh and back button the time get reset to 60 seconds again in this way the user can extend their exam time

hai am also doing the same project. so if u don't mind, can u send the project code which u have. it urgent for me.

my id: <email snipped>
by
silviya

commented: Pathetic. -2

hi stultuske
can u help me for making online examination interface in java

commented: but you didn't think I would if this is the effort you're showing, right? -1

hi stultuske

Lame, Lame, Lame !!! I have no other words for you. You don't check the dates of the last post, you don't care to check for the forum rules, and on top of that you ask a lame question without showing any effort.

hi stultuske

yes

hi any one online

Hi, anybody home chandanapiit?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.