yeah but if you are being illegal they can always ring your ISP and then get your address

One shouldn't be. Of course if you people find it offending I could just delete my post.

naw, it's cool.. now you have to post your location though ;) lol.. and your ip address

If its a serious thing, we can always contact your local ISP office, explain the situation to them, get hold of your address and voila, the police at at your house. ;-)

Ah, well that kinda sucks..

But normally, IP addresses are used for perma bans so that a person can't create duplicate accounts.

..unless the person just uses an anonymizer or proxy server :twisted:

yeah but if you are being illegal they can always ring your ISP and then get your address

That's true.. best not do anything illegal then, I suppose:sad: lol

Member Avatar for iamthwee

> Yeah I'm sure everyone wants their stats broadcasted? - iamthwee
Thats why I didn't broadcast yours. A little sense of humor is absolutely must to get on this list.

Great, so you probably have access to our email account addresses we signed up with as well. Still it doesn't give you the right to just post it. Humour has got nothing to do with it, you never asked everyone before you did it.

Don't abuse your mod status. End of discussion.

commented: Yep. You're dead on, iamthwee. +13

> Great, so you probably have access to our email account
> addresses we signed up with as well
Email accounts have got nothing to do with this discussion. Don't sway the discussion off-topic.

> Don't abuse your mod status.
Like I stated before "Of course if you people find it offending I could just delete my post.". And anyways, don't go haywire. Your name was not on the list and the people whose names are listed have as such not raised an objection. Don't make up for your lack of humour by hammering perfectly normal posts. Don't make pointless and random accusations.

End of discussion.

>Email accounts have got nothing to do with this discussion

Um, ok. So let's say you have access to that, are you just gonna post it? Who knows?

>Like I stated before "Of course if you people find it offending I could just delete my post.".

Um, so did you ask everyone, before you posted their addresses?

> Who knows?
Being the moderator, I know the rules. It would be pretty wrong to give out email addresses, if its my job here to snip out email id's from posts to prevent spam.

> Um, so did you ask everyone, before you posted their addresses?
Umm..so has anyone of them objected after I posted their approximate addresses.

Um, so did you ask everyone, before you posted their addresses?

It's fine, man. Those addresses he posted were not even accurate. All anyone would infer from that information is the state/province where we live, and most of us have that listed anyway. And even if he had listed our exact city, it doesn't really matter.. what can people do with our address? Come drop in on us? So long as he doesn't list our social security numbers, then I'm fine lol ;) Or our ip addresses, I might be a little bit worried if my ip address was posted online..

>Umm..so has anyone of them objected after I posted their approximate addresses

Yeah, let's ask em later? Did you ask Peter Budo or the dude? And so what if it is only an approximate address?

And no I don't want my approximate address broadcasted cos no I don't use an anon proxy server.

>what can people do with our address
You'd be surprised, along with all the other info you have revealed...

commented: :( -3

who cares. Its like the debate on CCTV cameras in towns. The fact of the matter is that if you go out, people can see you!

commented: ... -2

who cares. Its like the debate on CCTV cameras in towns. The fact of the matter is that if you go out, people can see you!

lol.. Yea, I agree. I really don't know how your government was able to legalize those cameras everywhere.. I mean, I'm sure it helps crime, but they restrict individual rights'. Nothing like that would EVER pass in America..
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING! haha.. I remember discussing this issue in my english class when we read 1984..

Yeah i hate the way that our country now (eek maybe ill be arrested by the thaught police). Its a police state now.

iamthwee I have to step up for ~s.o.s~. He did not exposed any of us showing these addresses. Details provided by ~s.o.s~ are still inaccurate, to get to us he would need to tres pass on ISP users database. Also so far I did not find any resource which would be able to say, so this person with the IP has this name and live at this address.
Regarding moderators and other admin having access to your registration details, well you have to leave with it and trust them they will not misused them. That is gamble for every site where you need to register in order to be able access.

Now let me show you what I use for IP tracing. :)

commented: exactly +16
commented: Thanks for understanding the joke ;-) +20

exctly and wtf was up with the bad reps

Yeah i hate the way that our country now (eek maybe ill be arrested by the thaught police). Its a police state now.

That's what you get for voting IngSoc into power (even if they call themselves "New" Labour, you should know by now that IngSoc doesn't care about truth).

i didnt vote so not my problem

and yeah, but at least there better than the conservatives (and no i wont vote lib dems because they want to build bloody windfarms which I HATE!)

lol.. The British political system is awesome. Americans only have two parties, and it can get quite boring sometimes..

In england (scotland and wales are different e.g in scotland the SNP have power, there not nazis, they just dotn like the english and want independance)

well we only have two main parties in England, conservatives and labour. Labour is centreleft and Conservatives are centreight, but both are way left of any american parties.

Then theres the BNP (basically nazis), UKIP (kinda the same, they hate the EU), Green party (like windfarms), and the Liberal Democrats (centre party)

Lib dems get the biggest share of the smaller parties but never more than the conservatives or labour.

*Ahem* Again offtopic...Atleast let it not be a programming forum. ;-)

ok ill stay ontopic ;)

This is way too late, but, if you didn't vote, then it is your porblem, and actually, you are part of the problem. If you don't vote, you also have no right to complain. Write in your own candidate if you have to (not sure if you can do this in in the UK), if you don't agree with any of the parties' candidates.

Um, no I didnt vote because the election was when I was 6?

haha JB wins :P

and as for the IP tracking: "PRIVATE IP ADDRESS LAN CountryRegionCityLatitude/
LongitudeZIP CodeTime Zone -[IMG]http://www.ip2location.com/images/country/-.gif[/IMG] ---0
0--

wow, that really told me alot. And the one peter posted blew up because of java trouble.

>And the one peter posted blew up because of java trouble.
You may not have Java installed properly

I had java instaleld but then HJT screwed it up

Um, no I didnt vote because the election was when I was 6?

Then you are learning the wrong attitude far too early.

>And the one peter posted blew up because of java trouble.
You may not have Java installed properly

:-/ it works on every other java site.

:-/ it works on every other java site.

Well problem is that site work everytime I need it so I have no clue...

did you tell your telephone number??

may be with the tele phone number you can trace the person's address easily...

or maybe he just googled you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.