i am new to java and i want to learn how to make games i saw some source codes of some games but i dont at all understand wt do the codings mean and how do we make codings to make a game....plz can i get some help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You better post the link or attachment as code will be to long. Clearly state which part you do not understand and we may try to help you. Question of this type doesn't help "how do we make codings to make a game"

That is JavaScript and nothing to do with Java ! ! !

so wts the diference between them and how do u make a game through java? i am askin bcz many bames r made from java..

Java is an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language created by James Gosling of Sun Microsystems. JavaScript was created by Netscape.
The main difference is that Java can stand on its own while JavaScript must be placed inside an HTML document to function. Java is a much larger and more complicated language that creates "standalone" applications. A Java "applet" (so-called because it is a little application) is a fully contained program. JavaScript is text that is fed into a browser that can read it and then is enacted by the browser.

There is many other thigs which put them appart.

So if you want to create game s in Java you should start to learn the language, but it will moths if not years before you will be able to create something fully functional. Everything depends on you and your interest...

> The main difference is that Java can stand on its own while
> JavaScript must be placed inside an HTML document to function.
Not necessarily. Javascript is a full-fledged scripting language which is very much capable of standing on its own feet. Read this and this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.