There is a task:

Imagine you have been asked by the Physics department to create a Java program to help them record information about experiments they are running on a particle accelerator.
Each type of particle is uniquely identified by name, and has a mass (a decimal number between 0 and 1 that indicates how fast it breeds), and a radioActivedecayLevel (a decimal number between 1 and 10 that signifies how dangerous it is to humans).
Physics run a number of tests on the particles. Each test has one or more types of particle associated with it (up to a maximum of 5), a textual description of the test, the speed (whole number) the particles reached, and a textual result of the test.
In the box below, create the classes, methods and instance variables you would use to create such a program. Note: there is no need to create the whole program – just define the relevant classes, method signatures, constructors and variables/arrays you would use.

My answers:
pseucode

public class Particle
{
String name;
float mass=decimal # from 0 to 1;
float radioActivedecayLevel=decimal # from 1 to 10;
String description;
String result;
int speed;
int testNumber;
}

Thank you!:)
}

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

and the question?

There is a question:

Imagine you have been asked by the Physics department to create a Java program to help them record information about experiments they are running on a particle accelerator.
Each type of particle is uniquely identified by name, and has a mass (a decimal number between 0 and 1 that indicates how fast it breeds), and a radioActivedecayLevel (a decimal number between 1 and 10 that signifies how dangerous it is to humans).
Physics run a number of tests on the particles. Each test has one or more types of particle associated with it (up to a maximum of 5), a textual description of the test, the speed (whole number) the particles reached, and a textual result of the test.

In the box below, create the classes, methods and instance variables you would use to create such a program. Note: there is no need to create the whole program – just define the relevant classes, method signatures, constructors and variables/arrays you would use.

:)

My answers:
pseucode

public class Particle
{
String name;
float mass=decimal # from 0 to 1;
float radioActivedecayLevel=decimal # from 1 to 10;
String description;
String result;
int speed;
int testNumber;
}
}
Thank you!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Um, where are your methods etc?

and be as it may, your homework assignment is NOT for us to do...
There's no question, there's an assignment. A written order is not a question, it's a demand.

So you're stating that you demand we do your homework?
If so, please do read the site rules carefully...
And offer us some decent compensation, hourly fees start at $150 with a minimum of 10 hours.

well,I read rules,but this is not homework :)
I just took questions from computer department and trying to do it for myself. For being sure,I need somebody who will check me. I will not be evaluated for that. That is for my practice in Java. Also,I' doing questions from Roger Cadenhead book,but there are ansers and I don't need assisrance.
So, will you help me with checking? :)

just because no teacher is going to check it out doesn't mean it's not homework.

what would you learn if we did it all for you? The answer is nothing, except maybe that people are easily suckered into doing your work for you.

So tell us what you think and maybe we'll tell you if you're on the right track.
But don't tell us to think for you because we won't.

What I'm doing with my questions in the book? First,I'm doing questions by myself and then I'm looking for right answers. After I can see my mistakes and understand what happen. Einstein siad that the best way to learn is to see examples.

Also,I'm giving first my answers and then I'm comparing with hints and answers on this web-site. This will help me on my next tasks,exercises etc.

for example, I didn't find anything about atomic types. After this site I know more about it:)

Well,if you think that I was wrong,that's fine. Do not help me. Thank you:)

If you really want to learn, stop attempting those questions and start off here. Just keep pressing 'Next' and you would be good to go.

You first need to know what you are dealing with before diving in head first. The good thing about the tutorials is that they have exercises at their end with answers for you to gauge what you have gathered from the material.

Thank you! I will do also these tutorials.

that's great! thank you!:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.