hi everyone

I need to change the system clock and date's language to English. My program is going to show the date automatically in english in every computer that is installed in.. I tried to change the names of the months in to english but it did not work.. do u have any idea how can I do that?

thank you..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This answer depends on the type of OS you are using.
All that is needed is to change the regional settings of all the computers concerned to English Language - either British or American.

Your program should pick up from there.
If you are using Windows XP:
Go to control panel->Regional and Language Options-->Language Options--> English(United Kingdom)

hi everyone

I need to change the system clock and date's language to English. My program is going to show the date automatically in english in every computer that is installed in.. I tried to change the names of the months in to english but it did not work.. do u have any idea how can I do that?

thank you..

please specify what exactly you want to display.

I want to display month and days in English, and my program is goint to be installed in about 40 computers. so changing the os' properties is not going to work.. it works but I dont want people dealing with properties to use my program. anyway I used some select cases and if statements to display it in English.. thanx for the help Jamello.. take care..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.