Hello EveryOne,

Im Thiyagu Junior Java developer, can any one help me for design pattern or idea to develop HTTP monitor in Java.
The objectives of HTTP monitor is
- to log/view all URLs that is requested or visited by the system user via webrowser.
- it can be a standalone application that monitor local system where it is running.
- it can be a server application that monitoring all LAN workstations
by installing it in Sever machine.

Note:
I have some idea that it can be done using Java Socket Programming, but I think its not enough to me and I want help from you all.

Thanks,
Thiyagu.

Recommended Answers

Answered by masijade 1,351 in a post from

Well, if your company were to use a proxy server that the other machines would have to use to reach the internet, you would already have this information.

Jump to Post
Answered by jwenting 1,823 in a post from

correct. And if not you're describing a proxy server :)

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

Well, if your company were to use a proxy server that the other machines would have to use to reach the internet, you would already have this information.

Im not assigned this in company, this is my own interested work, I need to do this. And assume that there is no proxy server and I want to do the above objectives. I need help from you all.

thanks,
Thiyagu

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, learning, and sharing knowledge.