alright... So I want to learn assembly, and i got a few tutorials. I noticed that there were different interrupts. I went online and searched for a list of them, and i found Ralph Brown's interrupt list....My question(s) is/are,
Is it true there is over 120,000 different interrupt commands? How am i supposed to learn them all? (or even a few hundred?) Wouldn't it take hours and hours just to pick out which one you need for a certain situation?

oh yeah...and I use TASM for compiling, and when i compile them, they go to a .obj file, then when i try to tlink them, they turn into a *.map file??? Can someone tell me what is going on with this?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

interrupts are grouped accordingly, so you have to know which one you really need.

http://www.ctyme.com/intr/cat.htm

oh my, i'm learning assembly too and it's so hard. i'm on nasm, sorry

Thanks for that site... :) It'll help a ton!!

To anyone having the *.map problem...i've figured it out....When you try to tlink the .obj file, if there is a error it will spit out a *.map file...thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.