Would it be possible? Not exactly a typical sequencer, but something like this:

I would record every note on my electric and acoustic guitar, bass, drums, and piano (essentially creating samples of each instrument that I own). Then export them to .wav and organize them by folder (/data/guitar/electric/string6fret1_F.wav). Then using a picture of each instrument made in Paint or similar program, have the user click the frets, drum, or note (piano) and have it place the note onto a playlist of notes. Then, File -> Export -> MP3 or WAV would export the song to a file.

Would this be possible to create in Visual Basic?

What I mean by possible is ideally. Would it be possible to create this in VB with a GOOD outcome, and not a sloppily coded, bad program?

i do not use visual basic, but i think it is possible.
there are some ways:
fmod
mci
declares
direct x

Yes I think it is possible. It woluld take a lot of disk space for each note that could be played. A long time ago in a land far away in Windows 3.1 I did something like that. I know I don't have anything of it left and if I did it would be on a 3.5 disk and I don't have a 3.5 drive anymore.
I will wrack my brain and see if I can remember what and how I did it.

If you are using xp or down to 98, you can use Beep(frequency,duration) api. Vista apparently dorped the Beep api.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.