quintoncoert 131 Posting Whiz in Training

i would like to ask a few questions about windows CE and the compact framework and how it interacts with normal C# and the normal dot net framework.

i have an embedded computer which has windows CE and the compact framework on it. this compact framework sounds if it only holds a portion of the normal dot net framework.

what if i need to add a class library, which had been developed by third party, to the compact framework? i need to develop a computer program for this embedded computer but i need this third party component for it. can i add it to the compact framework just as i would add it to the ordinary dot net framework?

also how would this compact framework interact with the normal framework on a windows XP computer? if i develop a client server program and i put the server portion on the CE embedded computer which has compact framework and the client portion on an XP computer with the normal framework would the client server programs work fine or would they give problems because one is compact and the other is normal framework?

and lastly if i write the programs on the XP computer with normal framework then would ibe able to tranfer it to the compact framework and compile it or would i get problems? i do of course expect problems if i include classes which is not in the compact framework but i mean other type of problems. like they are just not compattible with each other?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.