HI

I AM COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT.

My Instructor gave me thesis project. Any database program at any programming languages. This is stand alone program. I designed my program in visual basic 6.0 which is record keeping. It works fine in my computer. But when i installed it in other computer without visual basic 6 system and the time of my presentation an error occured "Invalid data source". All part of my program using data report do not works at that time. My instructor gave me a chance to fix this problem and present it again.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Help me please?

Thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you provide the code here? Probably there is an error connecting to the database.

In your dataenvironment put this in Initialize event
I used DAO to connect to database I put this code.

Connection1.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & App.Path & "\Sample.mdb") & "; Persist Security Info=False"

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. Hope this would help

Thank you for your help. Regarding the "invalid data source" error. It occured only in data report. But the from the other operation. Like Adding, editing, viewing, deleting of records from the database works fine and the microsoft access database is present. I only use one access data base with 2 tables. I use free installer to make my program to install easy. Some required files i try to copy in this path because it is required windows/system32. These files are .dll, tbl, ocx.. But the error still displayed. I try to use Visual basic "Package and Deployment Wizard" to make installer but when i try to setup again to other computer without visual basic. MDAC_Type.exe installer displayed error "Files are out of date". Thank you again and I hope you can help me for this problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.