Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to make gtkmm work with Dev C++ on windows. I've tried following the instructions on the website, but I cant get it to work. Could you please tell me exactly what to download and where to install it.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

Try rebooting to update your path (I don't have access to a windows machine currently). If that doesn't work you could manually locate all of the necessary files.

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

I installed Dev c++, GTK+ 2.x, the Gtk+/Win32 Development Environment, and gtkmm, but when I try to run pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4 it says package gtkmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing 'gtkmm-2.4.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable
No package 'gtkmm-2.4' found

Try rebooting to update your path (I don't have access to a windows machine currently). If that doesn't work you could manually locate all of the necessary files.

Thanks Sturm, but rebooting didn't work, and I don't know which files I need so I can't find them myself.

Encase it helps I'm using windows XP and I installed everything with the default settings.

-Id:/dev-c++/include/gtkmm-2.4
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/gtkmm-2.4/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/gtk-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/sigc++-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/sigc++-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/glib-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/glib-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/gtk-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/pango-1.0 -Id:/dev-c++/include/atk-1.0
	    -Ld:/dev-c++/lib

Well presumably the necessary files would be in the above directories.

Thanks sturm, but I still can't get it to work. i think I'm going to try a different gui toolkit.

-Id:/dev-c++/include/gtkmm-2.4
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/gtkmm-2.4/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/gtk-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/sigc++-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/sigc++-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/glib-2.0
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/glib-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/lib/gtk-2.0/include
	    -Id:/dev-c++/include/pango-1.0 -Id:/dev-c++/include/atk-1.0
	    -Ld:/dev-c++/lib

Well presumably the necessary files would be in the above directories.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.