I am totally new to java, but i understand java is the appropriate for my project. i am not sure where to start? and how to use the java packages.

I know programming but JAVA is my first time approach.

Can any one guide me on the visualization java tools?

Thanks a million
j

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

"visualization java tools"? Do you mean the graphics APIs? Please describe what you are wanting to do a little bit more.

Hi
I am looking on Graphics JAVA API. Where i can create an UI and interact with it, kind of Graphs, Charts etc.,

I think it is not much difficult to start work with applets and swing by referring a best tutorial. Actually try with worked examples.

Sun official web site always provide the best tutorials on that. All the time I used sun web site to find such informations.

Here is a link.

If you like to refer a book, if you have time to spend on that, this is the best book I recommended.

Java 2D API Graphics, by: by Vincent J. Hardy

Hi
I am looking on Graphics JAVA API. Where i can create an UI and interact with it, kind of Graphs, Charts etc.,

The graphs and charts can be done with the 2D Graphics api. The tutorial posted above by eranga262154 is a good start to working on that.

The UI itself involves using the Swing packages. Tutorials on using Swing can be found here: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html.

Actually swing is the base of Java graphic, because when you work on swing you have to cover all the fundamentals. So it is good to start.

By yourself working, it will take little more time to do your work successfully.

Actually swing is the base of Java graphic, because when you work on swing you have to cover all the fundamentals. So it is good to start.

By yourself working, it will take little more time to do your work successfully.

I understand the connection you are making, but one can make UIs with Swing without having to directly use any of the Graphics or Graphics2D methods. Only when he gets into wanting to produce charts and graphs would he need to learn the Graphics2D API.

That is the reason that I mentioned them separately. They can be treated as two independent subjects basically.

I understand the connection you are making, but one can make UIs with Swing without having to directly use any of the Graphics or Graphics2D methods. Only when he gets into wanting to produce charts and graphs would he need to learn the Graphics2D API.

That is the reason that I mentioned them separately. They can be treated as two independent subjects basically.

Of course, you are right. You know what I'm going to point out there.

did some work with JAVASWING. with UI creation.
My intension over here, is that i can view the Constriants visually and control using the GUI interface.

Do you recommend any source code examples?
Just to show some constraints that i set for my program. such as (a timetabling problem)

1. No student should assigned to CM401 at the same time
2. no classes allocated during 12:00PM to 1:00PM

I am looking for the data-visualization and constraint satisfaction to be visualized.

did some work with JAVASWING. with UI creation.
My intension over here, is that i can view the Constriants visually and control using the GUI interface.

Do you recommend any source code examples?
Just to show some constraints that i set for my program. such as (a timetabling problem)

1. No student should assigned to CM401 at the same time
2. no classes allocated during 12:00PM to 1:00PM

I am looking for the data-visualization and constraint satisfaction to be visualized.

What you mean data-visualization. I think you may use data base to do this.

Yes, really you just need to run queries on the database for any records that conflict with the constraints. Those records can then just be shown in a table or list. For that matter, the entire schedule could be shown in a table with conflict cells higlighted by color or something.

I will give you a website address:

Could you kindly have a look, my idea is most probably like this

http://www.pms.ifi.lmu.de/software/jack/docu/doc/VCHR-Manual.html#sec:Using

Ah, yes for that you will have to use the Graphics2D api to draw your graphs. There isn't any standard component for things like that. As for the constraints, you need to design classes for those based upon whatever optimization methodology you are employing. The tutorial link for 2D Graphics should get you started with the visual part.

Definitely you need to use 2D Graphic to do this.

Do you mean JAVASWING for 2D Graphics?

I am used with JCreator LE, but the tutorial in JAVASWING is based on the IDE NETBeans?
Which is more useful for my work?

Could you suggest me something!

Thx

JJ
---

I suggest 2D Graphics. Work on Intelli JIdea.

Do you mean JAVASWING for 2D Graphics?

Well, your graph would be on a JPanel, but you would override paintComponent() with your own code to generate the shapes, lines, etc. Here again is the link to the tutorial on 2D graphics: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/2d/index.html

Suns' web site always give the good codes.

Hey guys its really awesome!
Thanksss

JJ
---

intelliJidea helps me to do the UI, still in a learning process.
Will keep update to you all/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.