is there any sample here about connecting to any database? sorry dnt have time to browse, hope you understand, thanks!

Salem commented: Do your own research! -2
Sturm commented: what makes you think we have the time? +0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Don't worry, I have time to browse. I'll go spend a couple of hours doing your research for you.

sorry, but what i meaN is a sample program of c++ that uses a database especialy in printing because I use VBasic and want some data to be send in DOS program because I learned that it is more fast in printing in DOS mode program that to windows base. So what I want is if I have a program in DOS base I will throw my data from windows base to DOS. Hope you get my point. and thanks for the reply. Hope you help me.

>>a sample program of c++ that uses a database
There are several alternative ways to do it, all somewhat complex and require a confortable knowledge of C or C++ language.. The most common approach is ODBC, and you can find a few free c++ ODBC classes -- just do a google search for them.

MS-DOS 16-bit programs can not access 32-bit MS-Windows databases. Any speed you will gain by printing with MS-DOS will be lost by attempting to transfer data between MS-Windows and MS-DOS.

>>I learned that it is more fast in printing in DOS mode program that to windows base
depends on what you want to print. If you want nice looking reports with different fonts and possible different colors then you have to use MS-Windows.

yes that's why i will make some progz from c++ that is connected to any database... I knew one but I don't know the program, it is fox pro dbase, but what i know only is c++ or turbo c....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.