how can calculate the memory address of lower triangular array such this one :

20 7 5

60 8 0

10 0 0

0 0 0

ineed just the formula 2calculate just the upper traingular and cancel the zero i tried 2use svd ( singal value decomposition) but i really dont understand i want someone 2help me in this one and then give me onther example 2be sure that i want 2learn and understand...

plz dont ignore me.........

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

First write down the index positions of all the zeros.
Find a pattern, write down what that pattern is in plain english. Then code it.

So you could start by saying here is my array:-

20 7  5
60 8  0
10 0  0
0  0  0

Index positions of zeros

[0,0] [0,1] [0,2]
[1,0] [1,1] [1,2]
[2,0] [2,1] [2,2]
[3,0] [3,1] [3,2]

then consider an even bigger array and do the same with their index positions. When you have found a generic pattern try to code it.

do u mean by an even bigger array the number inside it . or what ?

explaine it 2me plz

i know that in arry such this:

1 4 6
2 5 10
3 7 4

we use the formula :

baseAddress + elementSize * (N*C+ M)

so is it the same with the my question?

Okay let's back up, what are you trying to do, is it something to do with eigenvalues or eigenvectors ,LU decomposition? Explain in detail.

i asked aprofessor how can i calculate the memory address of the upper traingular and cancel the zero he saied: by svd ( singal value decomposition) i have no idea about it itried 2read about but icouldnt understand i need u 2make me know what did he mean n how can iuse svd with and what will be the result of using svd imean what does it do with array

[deleted]

So basically you're trying to do Lower decomposition? Is that what you're saying?

yes ...

in ur opinion is it the best way?
or could i use onther way?

if there is ... just teach me if u dont mind

Oops gotta go!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.