Hi, everyone, new member here.

I'm working on a project which has a very simple user interface, with 1 combobox, 2 labels, and three buttons. When I save the project and come back to it later, all the elements on the form have piled up on top of each other in the upper left corner of the form, and none of the elements have any of their properties saved. In the Windows Generated Code area, I see that none of the information about the things I put on the form have been stored in the code.

Any ideas as to why it wouldn't save the code with the properties for the form elements?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Maybe you edited the Windows generated code by accident? try starting a new project, put a textbox on the Form, save and reopen, if it stays there then you probably accidentally edited the Windows generated code.

Maybe you edited the Windows generated code by accident? try starting a new project, put a textbox on the Form, save and reopen, if it stays there then you probably accidentally edited the Windows generated code.

That's a good thought. I had thought of that, too, but I went in and looked, and yes, the Windows Generated Code is altered, but not in a way that could be accidental. Specific lines were deleted. That's what's so freaky about this.

I did start a new project, am copying the code from my old attempt at this same project, section by section, and so far, it seems to be leaving the form alone.

I appreciate the feedback.
Halbo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.