Hi All,

I am trying to parse an xml file. Not using any of the regex or parsers, simply using only java code. Any suggestions? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Take a look at the Java API, in particular the javax.xml packages. There are some handy tutorials on the sun website too. You will probably need to use a DOM model to parse the xml.

you can use either DOM or SAX, based on your convenience.

Hi All,

I am trying to parse an xml file. Not using any of the regex or parsers, simply using only java code. Any suggestions? Thanks

Ok, so you won't use an XML parser for some reason that you won't explain. Your last post asked how to do it with regex - so I took the time to write some code for you to get you started with it and you completely ignored it. Now you want someone to tell you how to parse it without XML parser or regex. Did I miss anything there?

Well, speaking for myself, just forget it. Learn to use the String API on your own to parse the data. Good luck.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>I am trying to parse an xml file. Not using any of the regex or parsers, simply using only java code.

This is completely pointless unless you're doing it solely for educational reasons. Are you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.