Here it goes, we were told to make a Multiplication thingy that the user can Input something like 5x5 and then the output will be the answer. We were not taught on how to do it yet so I don't have any idea. I'm just hoping that someone can teach me on what statement will I use so that I can study it in advance and so that I can start it coz its out project. >.<

Here it goes, we were told to make a Multiplication thingy that the user can Input something like 5x5 and then the output will be the answer. We were not taught on how to do it yet so I don't have any idea. I'm just hoping that someone can teach me on what statement will I use so that I can study it in advance and so that I can start it coz its out project. >.<

For input you will most likely use Scanner.

aww.. I can't figure it out yet. I guess I have to search more. xD uhmmm.. do you have some easy guides or examples? :D

What can't you figure out? You didn't actually ask anything specific - just "on what statement will I use", which is incredibly vague. I assumed you didn't know how to get the input, since the rest is almost no effort, so I pointed you to the Scanner for collecting the input.

If you have a specific question then state it clearly.

ok here's the questions that keep running on my mind.

1. what will i use for the input (you already gave me the link, i'll just need to search for more examples for it.)
2. what will i use for the output (a formula or something). example when the user inputs 5x5, how can i make the answer "25" appear.

1. There is an example right near the top of using it to read from console input. I have a hard time believing your teacher has not covered input at all yet though if they have assigned this project.
2. Yes, a method is just like a formula. It can take inputs, do something with them, and return an output. This part should be glaringly simple if you have followed anything in class so far.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.