hi all,
sorry for posting the same question,i have to this because my last post was really a mess.
now i will try explain my problem in concise

i have variable

my %HeaderHash=();

and i have passed values to the HeaderHash successfully
but while i try to print the HeaderHash data like

print("$HeaderHash{'Deal Name'}\n");

i am getting error like uninitialized value use
but actually i am damn sure that my HeaderHash contains "Deal Name" element with value as "102"
how to get rid fom the prob
thanks in adv

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by masijade

I tested the couple lines you posted and as I suspected they work fine. Your problem is with a different line. You will need to post additional information. Include version of perl just in case that makes any difference.

Post code and sample data. On a side note do not use parenthesis in your print statements:

print("$HeaderHash{'Deal Name'}\n");

better written as:
print "$HeaderHash{'Deal Name'}\n";

while this is not the source of your problem, using parenthesis with the print command is in general a bad habit to get into. Se the print documentation for some details:

I will go out on a limb, and assume that you passed this hash to a method, and call the print statement in that method. In this case the print statement needs to be changed to:

print "$HeaderHash->{'Deal Name'}\n";

If that is not the case, then as KevinADC has said (and cerf_machine repeated without acknowledgement), your problem is elsewhere.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.