I'm wondering what steps I have to take to make progress in my programming skills. I am just starting my first semester as a computer engineer, and I picked up a lot of the syntax relatively quickly but I still have trouble solving a lot of the problems we get. I am just wondering what kind of ... training? ... I should undergo for myself to make sure by the time I'm out of college I'll have good enough skills in programming (not just C++ of course) that I can start a career for myself. I want to be very good at what I do.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First of all...welcome...and i hope you'll enjoy it here. To answer your question...you'll just need to practice...and after that you...practice...it's the only way to succeed in c++ or programing for that matter. If you have specific problems when trying to do a program...please post the source code here along with what you think may be wrong. Also post the errors you get, so we can take a look and help you. This site/forum provides great tutorials and snippets, that you'll find quite easy to follow along. They'll help to get a basic idea of whats going on. Again welcome aboard and start posting....

read the Read Me threads at the top of this board because they have lots of information and suggestions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.