Ok, I want to say in advance that I am simply looking for insight right now. I regret to admit *lol* that I'll probably be back asking about something else soon after.

I need to write a program using binary trees that functions, essentially, like a concordance. I simply need to read in a file, and compile a report of some sort that calculates how many times each word exists in that file. Eventually, I need to draw up some sort of visual tree that displays the structure of the tree.

Can I get some ideas? Beyond writing the code to read in the file, I don't really know where to start. Additionally, I don't really know how to implement trees in C# (I have only seen Java, but still a little confused how to actually build it). Anybody got links for some good resources? Or some basic algorithms? Perhaps some code involving the construction of binary trees?

Simon

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

That was helpful, but I must admit I dont even really know where to start. Anybody done anything like this before? I seriously need help....lol

Dennis

I've worth with tree's plenty, and i know how to count words in a file.

What specific problem do you need help with, lets see some code that your stuck on perhaps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.