I'm working on an MP3 player for Visual Studio:C++, and I've already realized this is wayyy more than I thought it'd be.

I'm at a standstill right now with 2 things, any help would be greatly appreciated:

1) Playing back an MP3 file. I'm building this thing from scratch, and I don't know if theres a common windows component that can do this. I can get the file name from a textbox, so now i just need to get over that hump of actually playing back the file.

2) Exploring folders for the file to play (granted I take out the textbox with the actual path). I got nothing here either.

As you can probably tell, Im pretty new to Visual Studio's take on C++. I've been using Dev-C but as far as GUI goes, Visual Studio made it alot easier, I didn't think the programming would be that bad. Once again, its a monster I never looked at until I got there.

I've been doing Google Searches and looking in MSDN for the past 5 days, so hopefully someone can help me. Once again, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Visual C++ Full , Express or old (a.k.a 6) ?

If its the full one you can use MFC + The windows media player control

yeah, the MFC or the .NET CLR appwizard should be able to generate a form for file browsing quite easialy, ot you could use the "windows common control" and then you could use either the COM or .NET windows media player object.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.