I have a programming assignment that ive been trying to work on. Recently, ive successfully wrote it in java, but im trying to use that as psuedocode so that i can transcribe it into mips - but i dont understand this stuff! ive been reading this book but it honestly doesnt help!
the assignment reads:
1. In the data segment, allocate static space for a long vector of integers.
2. Assign values from x1 to x2 (increment for the next value through the entire vector), where x1 and x2 must be obtained through a dialog with a user. Check for errors in the input (such as x2 greater or equal to x1; Too long vector; etc.)
3. Ask the user to input a number, which will indicate the number of rows of a matrix the stored vector will be converted into.
4. Find out, through a division operation, the number of columns of this matrix.
5. Print the matrix
6. Transpose this matrix – use indexed addressing mode.
7. Print the transposed matrix.
8. Terminate the program.
also, i do not understand the compiler used - im using PCSpim - any clues would help..
any help would be greatly apprciated! Thanks in advance