I develop and host several .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 applications. I am having an intermittent problems that I can't nail down a problem to correct the issue.

My applications are hosted on a Windows Server 2003 box that I host. The applications will randomly hang when I try to go to them on the web. I have monitored the application pool on the server and firebug on the client site while I make a request. There is not an error in the code it is almost like the request is put in a queue and it takes a long time to handle. Once it processes I can go through the site and it will happen again randomly.

I have tunned the machine.config file according to the setting on Microsoft's website but the error persists. I have the applications in separate application pools that are set to recycle if they cause errors but the event log does not show this as the issue.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening?

What are the specs on this system? How much load is on this thing?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.