I am constructing survey page for a client, and it's getting extremely long winded.
There are 290 questions and all are required.
This means, typing out huge amounts of stuff, obviously, but, I was wondering if there was a sort of "easier" way to do this.
This survey is one of those types that, like 10 questions are asked, you go to the next page and 10 more questions are asked.

I have method post on these forms and using PHP to pass post values and send to hidden fields.

The database is not filled with the information until the very last page.

So far, I have all of that functionality figured out, but, I need to figure out how to make it so that, if the user skips a question, for them to be told so before going to the next page. Further, all previouse data needs to be saved, without using the database to store it.

The reason for this is because the user can not recieve a user id until finishing the survey.

Any sort of cheat script out there that says "check all fields and see if they aren't null"?

thanks in advance
Sage

> Further, all previouse data needs to be saved, without using the database to store it.
Store the data in the user session using the server side language of your choice.

> I need to figure out how to make it so that, if the user skips a question
This can be done in two ways. One would be to use javascript for form validation and let the user know of any fields they have left out. Another one would be to do the entire thing server side.

The latter one is a much better approach since it would work even when the user has javascript disabled plus it allows you to have complete control over the data submitted. If you still decide to go with the first approach, there is always jsval.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.